Back to careers
Technical Support Specialist
- Analyzing customer developed programs, batch files, job control scripts, file deliveries and database content by using customer tools and 3rd party tools.
- Application specific scripts on dedicated server platforms.
- SLA checkpoints (e.g. server response times, downtimes, process availability, etc.).
- Interfaces (e.g. log files, scripts, file transfers etc.).
- Databases (e.g. central DB processes, error writing processes, table spaces, load and performance characteristics etc.).
- Definition and Performing daily health checks (e.g. daily data imports, file transfers and provisioning on dedicated servers, etc.).
- Proactive application monitoring with help of dedicated tools.
- Provide support in all deployment and administration related activities.
- Participate in the production and maintenance of the infrastructure requirements for the new IT projects and the major releases of the existing IT systems and applications.
- Responsible for incident, problem, change, release, configuration management, technical support.
- Perform application deployment related testing (installation, removal, and reinstallation) and adjust the installation scripts, procedures and guidelines.
- Create/update product documentation.
To fit this post, we look after:
- IT background (e.g.: Computer Science, Automation, Cybernetics graduate).
- Basic database understanding (how it works, query interpretation, query writing).
- Ability to interpret/analyze code and application logs in order to troubleshoot errors.
- Problem solver, customer oriented.
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and make decisions under SLAs.
- Strong communication skills.
- Teamwork skills
- Negotiation skills, diplomatic.
- English: fluent.
- German: fluent.
- Willing to do on call support.
Nice to have:
- ITIL V3/4 certification
- Experience in the following:
- Windows Server.
- Oracle SQL / MS SQL, Oracle PL/SQL.
- Programming skills in .NET/ C.
- Active Directory.
- HP Service Manager.
- IIS (Internet Information Server) Web Server.
- Hand-on experience with Cloud (Azure/ AWS/ PKS).
- Willingness to go beyond basic requirements and search for constant self-development of skills is nice to have.
Flexible work location
Access to our professional development tools and programs
Training certification reimbursement
Recognition and objective performance appraisals for personalized career paths
Perks and bonuses
Back to careers